June 30, 2011 IN THE GARDEN


Looks great but no food yet because it has been so cold and rainy - in fact it rained all day on Tuesday June 28!! I actually harvested the first zucchini yesterday.


I had no idea that nasturtiam was so sturdy and prolific. It is planted here on t really cool trellis with some cucumbers. These are the happiest cukes I have ever grown. The trellis is an idea from Suellen Winegar - it is foundation mesh and we had to buy it at Concord Feed where they sell it for cow fencing.


The thornless black berries have been competing with the natives so we tried to cut back all of the stickery ones this year. They are both excellent berries but I really don't like the thorns.


This is supposed to be a pumpkin but I have no idea what kind it is.


The two spotted ladybug